1. Life Coaching
2. Therapy (Individual and Family)
3. Exposure Activities
4. Education Advocacy
5. Court Advocacy
Our identified target population focuses on youth between the ages of 13-17, who have been identified as being at the highest risk of being a victim and/or perpetrator of gun violence. Some 12- and 18-year olds will be considered based on their birthdate and other potential guidelines.
Participant must meet ALL of the following criteria
1. Be between the age of 13-17 (some 12- and 18-year olds will be considered based on their birthdate)
2. Have parent/guardian consent for participation.
3. Express willingness and motivation to participate.
4. Be at the highest risk of being a victim and/or perpetrator of gun violence due to at least 3 of the following reasons (check all that apply):
-History of violent victimization
-Access to/possession of a weapon
-Exposure to violence
-Live in high crime neighborhood
-History of trauma/mental health issues
-Low commitment to school and/or school failure (e.g. chronic truancy, multiple suspensions, expulsion, no enrollment)
-Low parental involvement and/or parental substance abuse/criminality
Be confirmed from the referral source that he/she is of highest risk based on Number 4.
Here for Life/Free for Life Staff:
I AM ABLE is committed to helping young men and women live positive and productive lives while creating sustainable change, one neighborhood at a time.
The I AM ABLE Center has partnered with Chicago CRED to introduce a one of a kind violence prevention program for youth between the ages of 13 and 17. The purpose of our program is to increase the lifespan and quality of life for the youth by preventing and/or reducing the risk of gun and violent behavior in our community.